a journal of my creative obsessions and my ever elusive artistic muse

12.02.2014

December

I am so happy that it is finally December. The weather is absolutely beautiful here and a whole new year is about to start. It must be the chill in the air because I am definitely feeling a rush to complete all of the projects that I started this year, nothing like the cold to kick your butt into gear. Unfortunately, I have been a little under the weather the past few weeks, which has hindered my progress on some projects,  but I am happy to say, I finally feel better! Just in time too because I finally have received my tiny 1:144 scale dollhouse kit made by North Eastern Scale Models Inc. Yes, thats right, a dollhouse for my dollhouse. I am so excited and can't wait to start on it, but I am having problems deciding on exactly what I want to do with it as far as color and customizations are concerned. I am thinking about a mauve  or grey purple or maybe even a darker purple, it is so hard to decide. As far as customizations go, I am going to add a spanish style copper roof that has a patina treatment on it, and I think that I might knock down some walls and add a tiny stair case. I am also hoping that I can figure out how to add a tiny little chandelier that will actually light up! If anyone knows how to accomplish this I would be grateful for some advice!



On another note, I have finally collected a bunch of monster high dolls that I am going to customize to create some one of a kind dolls. I am eventually going to put them up for auction, so if you are interested let me know! I am re-rooting all of their hair and stripping them of all stock makeup so that I can repaint and customize their faces. Unfortunately, I am STILL waiting for a specific type of sealant which is only made in Japan which I ordered a month ago... apparently the united states is strict about transporting flammable products by air, so I have to wait for it to come over from Japan by boat. I'm hoping it will be here within the week. I am also STILL waiting on my wax supplier and porcelain supplier for all of my materials to FINALLY finish the rest of the casting process for my porcelain dolls. I am excited about December and I am hoping that this month will be an explosion of projects that will finally come to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment