a journal of my creative obsessions and my ever elusive artistic muse

11.10.2014

30 things in 30 days!

I am gearing up to focus on my true love and passion, miniature and doll making. I have spent the last week organizing and overhauling my studio space and have finally invested in some of the materials and supplies I have been needing. I am extremely excited and I am challenging myself to make 30 things in 30 days to celebrate my 30th birthday, and to finally get my little miniature business up and rolling again.

I unfortunately have had to take a lot of time off from creating due to some family issues over the past year, mainly the loss of my beautiful grandmother. It has become my mission to spend as much time as possible in creating my little dream and in doing so, honor her memory. Although she always wanted me to do something a little more concrete as a profession, during the last part of her life she really supported me in my decision to pursue my passion, even though it is a little on the unusual side.  I hope to be able to make her proud by succeeding in my goals and hopefully next year being accepted into the International Guild of Miniature Artists. She was an amazing woman who lived an amazing life and if I learned anything from her it is that life is too short to not do what you love and to never compromise!

 I'm sorry for being away so long but am hoping to make some people smile with the miniatures I am about to make! Thanks for reading and I hope everyone is having a wonderful end of fall and having a magical day!

No comments:

Post a Comment