a journal of my creative obsessions and my ever elusive artistic muse

1.23.2016

Winter woodland cakes

I feel like it has finally become winter here in the south. We just had a ton of snow here, which is so strange to me! I have lived in the south for more than a few years and have never seen anything like this here. While I was holed up in my house this weekend I made some simple 1:12 scale dollhouse miniature cakes inspired by all of the winters I used to have. I grew up in New England and have always enjoyed walks in the woods, while snow flurries are flying around, and winter's wonderland envelopes the forests. That was my inspiration for these cakes, and I hope everyone has a magical winter because it looks like all of the snow is already melted here, and I am doubting that we are going to get anymore! <3 xoxoxoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment