a journal of my creative obsessions and my ever elusive artistic muse

9.04.2014

1:144 scale dollhouse

Hey everyone, I have been steadily working on finishing my first tiny dollhouse and am happy to say it is finally finished! Well, almost finished, I still want to add some teeny tiny furniture to my teeny tiny house. It was a challenge but a fun one. I did a bunch of modifications to the kit to customize it to my taste and it was an amazing learning experience and a test of my patience. Working with such thin wood to add trim around the doors and windows was an interesting adventure. Next time I am going to try the thin plastic used by miniature train enthusiasts instead to get more defined and precise cutting. A few of my favorite things are the faux stained glass windows, the spanish style roof, and the working chandelier. Figuring out a way to wire that tiny grain bulb was an immense trial and error, but I finally was able to hide the wiring and the battery source in the peak of the roof. Although I absolutely loved this project I am glad that it is over, at least the construction building part... I think it is going to be a little while for me to get up the enthusiasm for working in this scale again, so I am taking a vacation and going back to 1:12th scale for now. Thanks for letting me share my little house and I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed making it!


I love all of the tiny hairline cracking in the paint, I was trying to achieve a well worn but revamped look to the doll's dollhouse.


I love the faux stained glass windows and can't wait to add some flower boxes to the other windows!


Unfortunately, I am having a very hard time shooting a photo of the interior. My lens isn't able to focus on something this small and this picture really doesn't do it any justice. I am hoping to try and learn more about miniature photography and eventually be able to take a better interior photo.


This is a low resolution photo of the tiny chandelier on, I wish you could all see it in person because it is so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment